Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Billy Bobber

Is starting to look like a real motorcycle again. Slug finished the powder coating on the front end pieces and his new ape hangers finally were delivered. So Big toe dropped by to check out the progress (and to take a break on the new drag bike he's building)and liked what he saw. So much so, he and Curly are kicking around the idea of whipping a XS650 bobber together. Here are a few pics from last nights festivities. Sorry about the picture quality, we seem to only get time to work on the bike after dark and Curly's garage is not lit that well. Just the opener light some under cabinet lights and an old minge light is all we have to see with. I'll get some better pics up after the bike is finished.




Plus Curly and the Slug are doing the majority of the heavy lifting on this bike. (there is not a whole lot of paint work to be done) I'm Just hanging around and twisting a wrench here and there. Curly is handling the fabrication, Slug is a much more talented wrench than I. I just get to get my hands dirty here and there and learn a few things along the way,

Till Next Time..........

2 comments:

Surly said...

Well, as they said the seat leaves a bit to be desired but that fender mount is boss. I'm digging it.

Gymi said...

Slug took it to a local upholsterer to have the seat reshaped. He bought it off of ebay and was totally surprised when it arrived. I have not seen the reworked seat yet, but he says it looks a hell of a lot better. I think a springer seat would fit the bill better, but then it’s not my bike. Curly did a great job fabbing the fender mount. It looks great with the modified sparto light. We should get most of the bike back together this week. I for one can hardly wait to see how the finished product will turn out. Should be bitchin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...